Dr. Leonard Barrett is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in East Meadow, NY. Dr. Barrett specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Barrett typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine MD
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Newark Beth Israel Med Ctr, Thoracic Surgery; Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, General Surgery
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center Program
Dr. Leonard Octavius Barrett M.D.'s Practice location
East Meadow, NY 11554Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Leonard Octavius Barrett M.D. | Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Leonard Octavius Barrett M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barrett
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Dr. Lateef Olakunle Giwa MD13124 Rockaway Blvd South Ozone Park NY 11420
- Brian Housman444 Merrick Rd Lynbrook NY 11563
- Dr. Ricardo Bello MD, PHD1575 Blondelle Avenue Bronx New York 10461
- Dr. Stewart Fox M.D.444 Merrick Road Lynbrook New York 11563
- Mr. Robert Swersky MD1201 Northern Blvd Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. Sean Yetman MD30-33 Steinway Astoria NY 11103