Dr. Ivan Stephen Lowenthal M.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology200 Kennedy Dr Torrington CT, 06790
Dr. Ivan Lowenthal is an oncologist practicing in Torrington, CT. Dr. Lowenthal specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Lowenthal manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1970
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- MemberYale Medical Group (YMG)
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Radiology; Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Internal Medicine
- Peter Brent Brigham Hospital 1971
- National Cancer Institute
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Ivan Stephen Lowenthal M.D.'s Practice location
Torrington, CT 06790Get Direction
NORTH HAVEN, CT 06473Get Direction
Dr. Ivan Stephen Lowenthal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lowenthal
- Are Relatives of Someone with Breast Cancer Automatically at Risk?
It is only natural to be concerned as to whether there is an increased risk of cancer in your family if you or one of your close family members (mother, father, brother, sister, son, or daughter) have been diagnosed with breast cancer. This is known as a family history of cancer. However, most...
- Could Age and Ovarian Endometrioma Be Linked with a Risk of Ovarian Cancer?
Endometriosis is a chronic condition that occurs when the endometrium (the type of tissue that lines the uterus) grows outside the uterus. With every menstrual cycle, the clumps of tissue, known as the implants, go through the same process. They build up, break down, and cause bleeding that the...
- New York News Anchor Dies at 63: Michele Marsh’s Legacy
Prior to the 1970s, the American television news industry was dominated by all-male newscasters. That began to change as female broadcasters were promoted into anchor positions and welcomed by audiences throughout the 1970s. Women such as Pat Harper, Barbara Walters, and Judy Licht began to make...
- Night Sweats and Lymphoma
LymphomaLymphoma is a type of cancer that begins in the lymphatic system, particularly in the disease-fighting immune cells called lymphocytes. These cells are found in the bone marrow, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen, and other parts of the body. In lymphoma, lymphocytes are altered and tend to...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is one of the most common conditions affecting men in United States. Most men above 50-years-old will develop this condition, at least in a mild way. The disease progresses very slowly and mostly remains asymptomatic until it reaches an advanced stage. In most cases, the disease may...
- Tonsil Research Shows Promising Results for Lymphomas and Autoimmune Diseases
So, what does this mean exactly? Two scientists were studying at Australian National University (ANU) and discovered that particles once thought to only exist within the neurons of the brain also exist within the immune system. The immune system as a whole does an amazing job of targeting pathogens,...
- Dr. Christina M Gomez MD1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Sapna Khubchandani M.D.41 Brewster Rd Bristol CT 06010
- Dr. Carla Casulo M.D.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Gerard Kruger M.D.19 W Main St Sharon CT 06069
- Dr. Frank M. Torti MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jedd Franklin Levine M.D.200 Kennedy Dr Torrington CT 06790