Jonathan J Eddinger M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease144 State St Portland ME, 04101
Dr. Jonathan Eddinger is a cardiologist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Eddinger specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Eddinger also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Jonathan J Eddinger M.D.'s Practice location
Portland, ME 04101Get Direction
York, ME 03909Get Direction
Jonathan J Eddinger M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eddinger
- Atrial Fibrillation vs. ,Ventricular Fibrillation
Any condition of the heart should be taken seriously, as heart conditions can cause very serious damage to the body, especially if not treated quickly and adequately. While all heart abnormalities should be treated as quickly as possible, it is important to understand the differences between atrial...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What Causes Secondary Hypertension?
Secondary hypertension refers to high blood pressure that is caused by other diseases. This is a less common form of hypertension when compared to ‘essential’ or ‘primary’ hypertension. A number of conditions that affect heart, kidneys or endocrine system may result in secondary...
- Natural Trans Fats May Not Negatively Affect Your Heart
Trans fats can be classified as natural and man-made. Natural trans fats are found in beef, pork, lamb, and dairy products. Man-made trans fats are used to increase the shelf life of many products, and these fats are found to increase the risk of heart disease and clogging the arteries. According to...
- Lowell Ian Gerber MD100 Spencers Ridge Road Freeport Maine 04032
- Howard B Sherman M.D.9 Healthcare Drive Biddeford ME 04005
- Paul D. Mcgrath MD100 Foden Road East South Portland ME 04106
- James B. Powers M.D.96 CAMPUS DRIVE SCARBOROUGH ME 04074
- Douglas B Sawyer MD22 BRAMHALL STREET PORTLAND ME 04102
- Enrique J Rivas MD119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME 04106