Dr. Erik Kokkonen M.D.
Dermatologist751 N Rutledge St Suite 2300 Springfield IL, 62702
Dr. Erik Kokkonen is a dermatologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Kokkonen specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Kokkonen diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Dr. Erik Kokkonen M.D.'s Practice location
SALEM, OR 97301Get Direction
Dr. Erik Kokkonen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kokkonen
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How Effective Are Anti-Aging Products?
It is common for people, as they get older, to desire to maintain skin that looks youthful and ageless. Many studies have shown that the best skin treatment is maintaining a healthy diet and maintaining protection from the sun. For individuals between the ages of 20-years-old and 30-years-old, the...
- How Contagious Are Cold Sores?
A cold sore is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus or HSV. The type of HSV that causes cold sores is the HSV-1. It is a very common condition that affects people before their twenties. Many Americans are infected by the HSV-1 by the time they are 20 years old. Cold sores can be painful...
- Are Varicose Veins Associated with Other Medical Conditions?
Most of the times, people with varicose veins rarely have challenges. If at all they do show up, it is usually after many years.Other ailments and conditions are often similar to varicose conditions. The conditions below are signs, causes or risks associated with varicose veins.BleedingIf you bump...
- Ultrasound Therapy Can Be Used to Reduce Sweat
According to a new study, excessive sweating can be reduced by using microfused ultrasound that is targeted at the sweat glands. Mark Nestor, MD, PhD, a dermatologist and voluntary associate professor of dermatology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, says “this technique can...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Mr. Stephen P Stone M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Elizabeth Nietert MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Marc Stees M.D.751 N RUTLEDGE ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Dr. Megan Phillips Lent M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Jerry Mark Smith M.D.701 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Nicholas Charles Uffelmann M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702