Dr. Abrar H Shah MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology101 Canal Landing Blvd. Suite 8 Rochester NY, 14618
Dr. Abrar Shah, MD is one of the country's best rated doctors, specializing in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. MD Shah currently treats patients in Rochester, New York. Dr. Shah received ...
Education and Training
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1997
SUNY HSC at Brooklyn
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2000
- Dofetilide-induced long QT and torsades de pointes.
- Defibrillation coil reversal: a rare cause of abnormal noise and inappropriate shocks.
- Moxifloxacin-induced torsades de pointes.
- Physicians' preferences and attitudes about end-of-life care in patients with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator.
- Permanent pacemaker implantation via left superior vena cava without communication with the coronary sinus.
- Effect of biventricular pacing during a ventricular sensed event.
- End-of-life care in patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators: a
- Underutilization of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator in Primary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester Program
- University of Rochester School of Medicine at Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Abrar H Shah MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14618Get Direction
Dr. Abrar H Shah MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shah
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Dr. Mehmet K Aktas MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Burr W Hall MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Sarah E Taylor MD101 Canal Landing Blvd Rochester NY 14626
- Dr. Mark E. Hamer M.D.30 Hagen Dr Rochester NY 14625
- Dr. David T Huang MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. James Daniel Gallagher M.D.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642