Dr. Marya Strand is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Strand cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt Univ Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1997
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. Marya L. Strand MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63104Get Direction
Dr. Marya L. Strand MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Dr. Veronica M Guilfoy MD1701 N Senate Ave Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Mary Jo Stine M.D.901 Shelby St Indianapolis IN 46203
- Dr. Suzanne M Grannan MD8150 OAKLANDON ROAD INDIANAPOLIS IN 46236
- Dr. Abhay Singhal MD702 Barnhill Dr Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Michael S Trautman MD705 Riley Hospital Dr Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Luis Fernando Escobar MD8402 Harcourt Rd Indianapolis IN 46260