Dr. Edward Paul Southern M.D.
Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine1414 W Fair Ave Suite 190 Marquette MI, 49855
Dr. Edward Southern is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Marquette, MI. Dr. Southern specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Southern tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1988
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Disc degeneration: a human cadaveric study correlating magnetic resonance imaging and quantitative discomanometry.
- An anatomic basis for spinal instability: a porcine trauma model.
- Cervical spine injury patterns in three modes of high-speed trauma: a biomechanical porcine model.
- Early onset scoliosis: modern treatment and results.
- Reliability of Intra-articular Rotational Axes at Standard Tibial Resection Level and Effect of Resecting Distally.
- Preliminary results for the use of knee mega-endoprosthesis in the treatment of musculoskeletal complications of haemophilia.
- Surgical treatment of congenital patellar dislocation in skeletally mature patients: surgical technique and case series.
- Long-Term, Disease-Free Survival of a Patient With a Primitive Neuroectodermal/Ewing Sarcoma in the Mobile Spine With Extracompartmental Extension.
- Quantitative discomanometry and acute disk injuries: an experimental model.
- Quantitative discomanometry: technique and reproducibility in vitro.
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Orthopedic Surgery Of The Spine; Yale New Haven Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Yale New Haven Hosp, General Surgery
- Rush Presby St Luke's M C
- Yale University School of Medicine, Post-Doctoral Biomechanics Fellowship 1989
- Orthopaedic Hospital Los Angeles-UCLA Medical Center, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship 2006
Dr. Edward Paul Southern M.D.'s Practice location
Marquette, MI 49855Get Direction
EGLIN AFB, FL 32542Get Direction
Dr. Edward Paul Southern M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Southern
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- Alternative Treatments For Bursitis
Alternative Treatment for BursitisBursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in bursa tissue, which is tissue found around the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. Since bursitis is a condition that affects a person any time of the day, it is important to know some of its alternative...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Dr. Timothy Bruce Neuschwander M.D.200 W. Arbor Drive San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Matthew Brendon Colligan D.O.1414 W Fair Ave Marquette MI 49855
- Dr. Zachary Leonard MD1414 W Fair Ave Marquette MI 49855
- Dr. Bradley Q Warlick M.D.3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Keith Connolly MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Jason Doppelt M.D.9500 Euclid Ave # A41 Cleveland OH 44195