Dr. Anthony Francis Firek MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism1700 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino CA, 92404
Dr. Anthony Firek practices Endocrinology in San Bernardino, CA. Dr. Firek specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Firek examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Hi John A Burns Sch of Med, Honolulu Hi 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Inhibition by human interleukin-1 alpha of parathyroid hormone-related peptide effects on renal calcium and phosphorus metabolism in the rat.
- Parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related peptide stimulate insulin-like growth factor-binding protein secretion by rat osteoblast-like cells through a adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate-dependent mechanism.
- Cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate responses to parathyroid hormone, prostaglandin E2, and isoproterenol in dermal fibroblasts from patients with familial benign hypercalcemia.
- Desensitization of rat osteoblast-like cells (ROS 17/2.8) to parathyroid hormone uncouples the adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate and cytosolic ionized calcium response limbs.
- Long-term, progressive, aerobic training increases adiponectin in middle-aged, overweight, untrained males and females.
- Induction of indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase in human dendritic cells by a cholera toxin B subunit-proinsulin vaccine.
- The Role of Indoleamine 2, 3-Dioxygenase in Immune Suppression and Autoimmunity.
- Effect of Group Medical Appointments on Glycemic Control of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Identification of Anti-Long Chain Saturated Fatty Acid IgG Antibodies in Serum of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Chimeric Vaccine Stimulation of Human Dendritic Cell Indoleamine 2, 3-Dioxygenase Occurs via the Non-Canonical NF-κB Pathway.
- Reappraisal of femoral vein cannulation for temporary hemodialysis vascular access.
- Urinary excretion of cyclic nucleotides and phosphate in response to parathyroid hormone and calcitonin in man.
- The effect of hypomagnesemia with or without associated hypercalcemia on renal concentrating ability in rats.
- Magnesium and zinc deficiency and growth retardation in offspring of alcoholic rats.
- Diabetic neuropathic cachexia.
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Loma Linda Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Loma Linda Univ. Medical Ctr.-Internal Medicine
Dr. Anthony Francis Firek MD's Practice location
San Bernardino, CA 92404Get Direction
Dr. Anthony Francis Firek MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Firek
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes?
Diabetes comes with a lot of signs, so it is important to recognize the signs and symptoms before it is too late. It's important to see your doctor before the symptoms become severe. Type 2 diabetes symptoms often develop slowly and most people don’t even know it. It is really important to get a...
- Is Testosterone Replacement Therapy Absolutely Necessary?
Levels of testosterone affects the energy levels, muscle mass, sex drive, concentration, and memory in males. It is also important in the production of red blood cells and bone growth in men. Testosterone therapy is known to improve all of the above when the levels of the hormone are low in the...
- Weight Loss Is Key To Reversing Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is characterized by the pancreas not making enough insulin to regulate blood sugar levels. Previously, the medical community and patients believed that a pancreas that did not work properly lasted for life, but this is not the case. New studies have found that weight loss can treat...
- Dietary Supplements for Diabetes
What is diabetes?Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, which involves a problem with the hormone called insulin. The pancreas, which is situated behind the stomach, releases insulin to help the body store and then later use sugar and fat from the food we eat. The occurrence of diabetes happens when...
- Dr. Gaja Andzel M.D.650 E. Indian School Rd, Cs111e Phoenix AZ 85012
- Dr. Suvesh Chandiok MD3660 Arlington Ave Riverside CA 92506
- Dr. Karen Kartun M.D.9985 Sierra Ave Fontana CA 92335
- Dr. Dwight Charles Evans M.D.Va Loma Linda Healthcare System Loma Linda CA 92357
- Dr. Radha Thiruvengadam Reddy MD9190 Haven Ave Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730
- Dr. Edward A. Hess MD9961 Sierra Ave Fontana CA 92335