Dr. Jason A Koutcher MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1275 York Ave New York NY, 10021
I am an attending physicist and Chief of the Imaging and Spectroscopic Physics Service in the Department of Medical Physics. I joined Memorial Sloan Kettering in 1985 to develop a program in biologica ...
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1979
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A dual-tuned resonator for proton-decoupled phosphorus-31 chemical shift imaging of the brain.
- In vivo animal studies with gadolinium (III) texaphyrin as a radiation enhancer.
- A quantitative assessment of liver metabolites during jaundice using three
- Towards multidimensional radiotherapy (MD-CRT): biological imaging and biological conformality.
- Treatment planning for prostate implants using magnetic-resonance spectroscopy imaging.
- Use of phosphorous-31 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to determine safe timing of chemotherapy after hepatic resection.
- Intraoperative conformal optimization for transperineal prostate implantation using magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging.
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopic studies of the prostate.
- Developments in nuclear magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy: application to radiation oncology.
- ATP depletion + pyrimidine depletion can markedly enhance cancer therapy: fresh insight for a new approach.
- Effects of Motexafin gadolinium on tumor metabolism and radiation sensitivity.
- A concomitant ATP-depleting strategy markedly enhances anticancer agent activity.
- Fractionated radiation facilitates repair and functional motor recovery after spinal cord transection in rat.
- UV reflectance spectroscopy probes DNA and protein changes in human breast tissues.
- A photothrombotic model of small early ischemic infarcts in the rat brain with histologic and MRI correlation.
- Prostate Cancer
- Dana-Farber Cancer Inst, Medical Oncology; Boston City Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Boston Medical Center
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dr. Jason A Koutcher MD's Practice location
Dr. Jason A Koutcher MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koutcher
- Cancers that Cause Blood in the Urine (Hematuria)
The presence of blood in the urine may be accompanied by pain during urination or it could also be painless. A painless hematuria may be caused by various health conditions such as cancers.Blood in the UrineThe presence of blood in the urine, may it be microscopic or gross, means something is wrong...
- New Combination Therapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma Shows Promising Results
While there are several different types of Hodgkin’s lymphoma, more than 80% of cases of diagnosed lymphoma are non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma typically receive radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or combinations of the two. Stem cell or bone marrow transplantations...
- How Retaining One Normal BRCA Gene Influences Survival in Ovarian Cancer Patients
The National Cancer Institute reports that around 250,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 22,000 with ovarian cancer. While the survival rate among patients with breast cancer is significantly higher compared to ovarian cancer – the NCI reports about 40,000 of the...
- The Different Stages of Liver Cancer
Staging liver cancer is a procedure which aims to describe where your cancer is located, where it has spread to, and if it has affected other body parts or organs. Staging liver cancer is very important since it helps in determining the prognosis of your cancer and the most suitable treatment option...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Leukemia?
Although requiring a definite medical diagnosis, leukemia doesn’t show any symptoms in patients suffering from slow growing leukemias. Whereas, the rapidly growing types show general symptoms like frequent infections, vulnerability to easy bleeding & brushes, fatigue and weight loss. The signs...
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- Howard W. Bruckner2330 Eastchester Rd Bronx New York 10469
- Dr. Trevor Joseph Layne MD354 MAIN ST WEST ORANGE NJ 07052
- Rachel Beth Wellner77 Worth Street New York New York 10013
- Orestes Sanchez703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503
- Dr. Cornel Mircea MD123 HIGHLAND AVE GLEN RIDGE NJ 07028
- Dr. Yelena Novik MD160 East 34th Street New York New York 10016