Robert S Sawin
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA, 98105
Robert Sawin, MD, is surgeon-in-chief at Seattle Children's Hospital and vice chairman of the Department of Surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He is an attending surgeon in both ...
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Adrenocortical insufficiency in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a pilot study.
- Minimally invasive surgery and clinical decision-making for pediatric malignancy.
- Removal of chest tubes in children without water seal after elective thoracic procedures: a randomized prospective study.
- Intraoperative hypertension during surgical excision of neuroblastoma. Case report and review of 20 years' experience.
- Appendiceal US scans: histologic correlation.
- Adrenocorticotropin-secreting pancreatoblastoma.
- Application of lean methods improves surgical clinic experience.
- Adrenal insufficiency in newborns with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Correlating Haller Index and cardiopulmonary disease in pectus excavatum.
- Outcomes associated with type of intervention and timing in complex pediatric empyema.
- Upper thoracic shape in children with pectus excavatum: impact on lung function.
- Necrotizing enterocolitis in term neonates.
- Standardization of operative equipment reduces cost.
- A surgeon's reflections on love.
- Staged repair of interrupted aortic arch with ventricular septal defect compared with primary repair in infancy.
Robert S Sawin's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98105Get Direction
Robert S Sawin's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sawin
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Dr. Jeffrey Avansino MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Amy J Wagner MD1100 9th Ave Seattle WA 98101
- Dr. Kenneth William Gow M.D.4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Adam B Goldin Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Thomas T. Hui MD1101 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Patrick J Healey MD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105