Dr. Maya Koike Hunter MD
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology501 N Graham St Suite 375 Portland OR, 97227
Dr. Maya Hunter is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Hunter specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1989
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Pediatric Endocrinology; Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
- AR CHLDRNS HSP, LITTLE ROCK, AR,, Pediatrics 1990
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
- Oregon Health & Science University Program
- OHSU, PORTLAND, OR, Pediatric Endocrinology 1992
- Oregon Health Sciences University Hospital GME Pediatric Endocrinology
Dr. Maya Koike Hunter MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97227Get Direction
Portland, OR 97227Get Direction
Dr. Maya Koike Hunter MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hunter
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- Link Found Between Hormone Therapies and Diabetes Among Transgender Patients
Transgender Patients and Recent Studies Relating to DiabetesThose who are having issues with diabetes already know what issues can be faced, in the present and down the road. Knowing when to seek help for these issues is challenging enough, but those who are transgender already face many more...
- Dr. Stephen Henry Lafranchi MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Bruce Alan Boston MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Catherine Kay Lum M.D.9155 Sw Barnes Rd Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Karin Ann Selva MD501 N Graham St Portland OR 97227
- Dr. David Brian Snyder M.D.501 N Graham St Portland OR 97227
- Dr. Lisa Driscoll Madison MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239