Dr. Myra L. Wilkerson M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology100 N Academy Ave Danville PA, 17822
Dr. Myra Wilkerson is a pathologist practicing in Danville, PA. Dr. Wilkerson is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Wilkerson can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Wilkerson may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Marshall Univ Sch of Med, Huntington Wv 1994
Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine 1994
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Informatics tools for quality in anatomic pathology.
- Testicular hamartomas in a patient with Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndrome.
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of GATA3 expression in tumors and normal tissues: a useful immunomarker for breast and urothelial carcinomas.
- Fresh frozen plasma as a source of cholesterol for newborn with Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome associated with defective cholesterol synthesis.
- The application of immunohistochemical biomarkers in urologic surgical pathology.
- Employee Engagement Is Vital for the Successful Selection of a Total Laboratory Automation System.
- MemberAssociation for Pathology Information (API)
- Fellow Association of Clinical Scientists (ACS)
- Fellow College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Geisinger Medical Center , Cytopathology 1999
Dr. Myra L. Wilkerson M.D.'s Practice location
Danville, PA 17822Get Direction
WILKES BARRE, PA 18711Get Direction
Dr. Myra L. Wilkerson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wilkerson
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Dr. Jenny Lee Boyle M.D.1 Hospital Dr Lewisburg PA 17837
- Dr. Steven C. Meschter M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Sonia Yvette Newton M.D.1 Hospital Dr Lewisburg PA 17837
- Dr. Albert T. Quiery M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Jinhong Li MD100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Ping L. Zhang M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822