Dr. Michael Traurig is an internist practicing in Greenville, SC. Dr. Traurig specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Traurig provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Clark University, Worcester, MA B.A. Biology 1987
New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY; Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel M.D. 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Patients’ Choice Award Vitals.com
- America’s Best Doctor Todaysbestdoctor.com
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
- Venous Ulcer
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Board CertifiedAmerican Board of Phlebology
- Professional MemberAmerican College of Phlebology
- Professional MemberSouth Carolina Medical Association
- Yale University, New Haven, CT Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael Jay Traurig MD's Practice location
Greenville, SC 29615Get Direction
Dr. Michael Jay Traurig MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Traurig
- What are the Health Benefits of the Consumption of Pumpkins?
Pumpkins come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Orange or yellow, dark or pale green, these fruits offer loads of health benefits.Health Benefits of Pumpkins...
- Male Menopause: It Does Exist
European researchers have identified a few physical and psychological symptoms accompanied by low levels of testosterone, which will enable doctors to diagnose male menopause or late-onset hypogonadism. Male menopause refers to a reduction in testosterone levels, which is a result of aging. Contrary...
- Don't Be off Balance: Take Up Yoga
A recent study shows that individuals who practice yoga can help to recover balance, and prevents potentially fatal falls if they have ever had a stroke. Researchers report that stroke survivors who practice specialized post-stroke yoga poses improved their balance by 34%. This is particularly...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- Can My Diet Cause Gallstones?
What are gallstones?Gallstones are hard, stone-like crystals found in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ found beneath the liver, particularly on the right side of the abdominal cavity. The pear-shaped organ releases bile into the small intestine to help digest the food we eat. The liver...
- How Much Can We Tell About a Person From Their Appearance?
Ever heard of the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover"? You might want to rethink it. This new study that includes more than 100 college students argues that looking at a person's appearance can help understand a few of their personality traits. The college students that participated in the...
- Shaym Puppala4931 Crosscreek Lane Greenville South Carolina 29615
- Dr. Laura A. Johnson M.D.701 Grove Rd Greenville SC 29605
- Dr. Merrill J. Gildersleeve M.D.21 Aberdeen Drive Greenville South Carolina 29605
- Dr. Marcela U. Young M.D.540 Old Howell Rd Greenville South Carolina 29615
- Dr. Desmond E. Smith M.D.45 Creekview Ct. Greenville South Carolina 29615
- Ronald S. Phillips9 Buena Visa Way Greenville South Carolina 29615