Dr. Luigi Pascarella M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery3920 S Roxboro St Apt 103 Durham NC, 27713
Dr. Luigi Pascarella is a vascular surgeon practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Pascarella specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Pascarella diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
University of Naples Federico II, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Vascular Surgery, School of Medicine and Surgery, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
- Duke University Hospital
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Vascular Biology, The Whitaker Institute of Biomedical Engineering, UCSD, La Jolla CA
- Vascular Surgery, Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
Dr. Luigi Pascarella M.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NC 27713Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
Dr. Luigi Pascarella M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pascarella
Dr. Pascarella recently did a Carotid surgery that I believe saved my life. I know it gave me the use of my left arm back, complete with BP and pulses, which had been missing for a few years. I highly recommend him and his team. I say team due to the great team work and courteous atmosphere. I trust him with my life, and that was not misplaced trust. Wish I could give 10 stars.
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Dr. William Marston MD300 Meadowmont Village Circle Chapel Hill NC 27517
- Dr. Raghuveer Vallabhaneni M.D.3024 Burnett Womack Building Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Mrs. Cynthia K Shortell M.D.40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Byron Clifford Abels M.D.2501 WESTON PKWY CARY NC 27513
- Dr. Peter Ford M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Kyla M Bennett M.D.2301 Erwin Road Durham NC 27710