Dr. Sean Kumer is a general surgeon practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Kumer specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Kumer provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Patterns of conducted vasomotor response in the mouse.
- A monoclonal antibody to tryptophan hydroxylase: applications and identification of the epitope.
- Self expandable metal stents for anastomotic stricture following liver transplant.
- Transporter Expression in Liver Tissue from Subjects with Alcoholic or Hepatitis C Cirrhosis Quantified by Targeted Quantitative Proteomics.
- Microcystin-LR induced liver injury in mice and in primary human hepatocytes is caused by oncotic necrosis.
- Recombinant rabbit tryptophan hydroxylase is a substrate for cAMP-dependent protein kinase.
- Intricate regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase activity and gene expression.
- Tyrosinase mRNA is expressed in human substantia nigra.
- Amino-terminal analysis of tryptophan hydroxylase: protein kinase phosphorylation occurs at serine-58.
- A chimeric tyrosine/tryptophan hydroxylase. The tyrosine hydroxylase regulatory domain serves to stabilize enzyme activity.
- Carboxyl terminal deletion analysis of tryptophan hydroxylase.
Dr. Sean C. Kumer M.D.'s Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22908Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, KS 66160Get Direction
Dr. Sean C. Kumer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kumer
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- What Are the Risks of Gallbladder Surgery?
Your gallbladder has a very big role in the body during digestion. It is the organ that collects a fluid known as bile, which helps you to digest food. If your gallbladder develops complications, you may need to have it removed. You may also have it removed if you develop gallstones. Gallstones are...
- What Is Cholecystitis?
What is cholecystitis?Cholecystitis is the inflammation of the gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ situated under the liver. The gallbladder serves as the storage organ for bile until it is needed for the digestion of fatty foods in the duodenum or the first segment of the small...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- Dr. Anna Parker Sattah MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Lewis V. Owens MD1490 Pantops Mountain Pl Charlottesville VA 22911
- Reid B. Adams OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Linda Maureen Sommers FACS595 Martha Jefferson Dr Charlottesville VA 22911
- Ashley Wilson M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Sook Y. Chan M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655