Dr. Michael Zelig is a gastroenterologist practicing in Cookeville, TN. Dr. Zelig specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Zelig performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1988
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1988
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Lahey Clinic, Gastroenterology; Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Internal Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Dr. Michael Phillip Zelig MD's Practice location
Cookeville, TN 38501Get Direction
Palm Harbor, FL 34684Get Direction
PENSACOLA, FL 32514Get Direction
Dr. Michael Phillip Zelig MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Psychological Changes in Children May Be a Sign of Celiac Disease
Celiac is an autoimmune, chronic disease of the gastrointestinal tract that is not easy to diagnose in adults. So, it is no surprise that things are even more complicated at an early age.However, a timely diagnosis of autoimmune disorders is critical, considering the fact that an early on-set...
- Facts Every Celiac Patient Should Know
When someone is diagnosed with celiac disease they have to make significant lifestyle changes to ensure that they can properly manage their disorder. To make those changes, it’s critical that the patient and their family members have a proper understanding of celiac disease and how it affects a...
- What Is Bacterial Gastroenteritis?
Bacterial gastritis occurs when bacteria causes infections in your gut, which leads to intestinal and stomach inflammations. You might also encounter symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, and severe abdominal cramps. Whilst viruses cause several gastrointestinal disorders, bacterial infections are...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Are Treatment Options for the Stomach Flu?
What is the stomach flu?The stomach flu, as the name indicates, is not related to the respiratory disease influenza. It is the common name for gastroenteritis, a condition characterized by irritation and inflammation of the gut. This disease spreads through contaminated food and water, and is caused...
- 7 Travel Tips for Celiac Patients
A dreaded illness called the gluten-sensitive enteropathy, which is commonly known as celiac disease, affects both men and women regardless of age. It is likely acquired through hereditary genes that tend to develop or mutate in the body. Getting to know celiac disease is rather complicated and full...
- Dr. Joyce F Bremer M.D.128 N Whitney Ave Cookeville TN 38501
- Dr. Phillip D Bertram MD128 N Whitney Ave Cookeville TN 38501
- Venkata S Tammana M.D.2041 Georgia Ave NW Washington DC 20060
- Dr. Maan Akram Anbari M.D.406 N. Whitney Avenue Cookeville TN 38501
- Dr. Lorrie Henson M.D.145 W 4th St Cookeville TN 38501