Dr. Charles Umstott is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Newport News, VA. Dr. Umstott specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Umstott typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1963
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1963
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Emory Univ Hosp, Thoracic Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, General Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Emory University Hospital 1964
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. Charles E Umstott MD's Practice location
Newport News, VA 23601Get Direction
Dr. Charles E Umstott MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Dr. Robert Frederick Dunton MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Jared Lee Antevil M.D.Magtftc Mcagcc Box 788250 Twentynine Palms CA 92278
- Dr. John Henry Artrip MD3640 High St Portsmouth VA 23707
- Dr. Michael F Mcgrath MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. William L Old MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Joseph R Newton MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507