Dr. Curtis A Sheldon M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology3333 Burnet Ave Ml 5037 Cincinnati OH, 45229
Dr. Curtis Sheldon practices Pediatric Urology in Cincinnati, OH. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Sheldon is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Sheldon performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1976
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 1985
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 1988
- Extravesical common sheath detrusorrhaphy (ureteroneocystotomy) and reflux in duplicated collecting systems.
- Appendiceal versus ileal segment for antegrade continence enema.
- The high intra-abdominal testis: technique and long-term success of laparoscopic testicular autotransplantation.
- Metabolic evaluation of children with urolithiasis: are adult references for supersaturation appropriate?
- Early orchiopexy restores fertility in the Hoxa 11 gene knockout mouse.
- Modulation of germ cell apoptosis with a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor in a murine model of congenital cryptorchidism.
- The role of ureteroscopy in pediatric urology.
- Incontinence following bladder neck reconstruction--is there a role for endoscopic management?
- The posterior sagittal approach for recurrent genitourinary pathology.
- Epididymitis in patients with anorectal malformations: a cause for urologic concern.
- The Hosp-Sick Children, Urology; Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Urology
- Childrens Hospital Med Center
- University of Minnesota Affiliated Hospitals 1976
- Pediatric Surgery, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, Pediatric Urology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada, 1985 to 1986 Visiting Fellow, Pediatric Urology, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 1986. 1983
Dr. Curtis A Sheldon M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Curtis A Sheldon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sheldon
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Brian A Vanderbrink M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Eugene A Minevich M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. David R Aronoff M.D.101 Hospital Blvd Jeffersonville IN 47130
- Dr. Pramod P Reddy MD3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Paul H Noh MD3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Mr. Muhammad kamran Khan M.D3333 Burnet Avenue Mail Location 5037 Cincinnati OH 45229