Dr. Ciceron L Opida MD
Neurologist | Neurology1915 Valley View Blvd Altoona PA, 16602
Dr. Ciceron Opida practices Neuropathology in Altoona, PA. Dr. Opida studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1972
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pinched Nerve
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Memory Loss
- Kings County Hosp Ctr, Neurology; Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Flushing Hospital Med Center
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Ciceron L Opida MD's Practice location
Altoona, PA 16602Get Direction
ALTOONA, PA 16602Get Direction
Dr. Ciceron L Opida MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Opida
- To Tell the Truth...Are Parkinson's Patients Capable of Lying?
Up until a few years ago, it was believed that those with Parkinson's disease, were only severely limited in their physical capabilities. Parkinson’s is a neurodegenerative disease that is characterized by the progressive destruction of the brain cells located in the person’s substantia nigra....
- Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease Similarities Lead to Potential Drug Discovery
For many years scientists and doctors have been constantly spotting the similarities between Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Both conditions attack neurons directly, one focuses more on the processes related to movement and the other on the cognitive part, affecting memory and mental...
- Reports Estimate Alzheimer's Treatment to Skyrocket for Patients and Caregivers
In the United States, the healthcare system, trained caregivers and medical personnel attempt to give the best possible standards of care for their citizens. From the most complicated diseases and ailments like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or fibromyalgia, to simple conditions such as the common...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- CNN's Founder Ted Turner Reveals Dementia Diagnosis
In an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Ted Turner, CNN Founder casually said that he has been diagnosed with Lewy body dementia. "It's a mild case of what people have as Alzheimer's. It's similar to that. But not nearly as bad. Alzheimer's is fatal," Turner said to Ted Koppel from his...
- The History of Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic immune-mediated disorder of the central nervous system (CNS), which consists of the brain and spinal cord. The CNS is responsible for sending messages throughout the body. A fatty tissue called myelin helps the nerves conduct electrical impulses. In MS, the...
- Dr. Kornel Lukacs MD312 Union Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. Joseph D Clark M.D.1414 9th Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. Zhenhui Li M.D.1414 9th Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. Laurence Alan Primack M.D.1701 12th Ave Altoona PA 16601
- Dr. Mark E Lipitz D.O.1414 9th Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. Kopalle Vijay Kumar M.D.James E Vanzandt Va Medical Center Altoona PA 16602