Dr. Luis Olivera-Rodriguez is a Board Certified General Psychiatrist with more than 5 years of experience in the treatment of psychiatric and psychological conditions. He completed his Bachelors Degree in Science and a Master in Public Health at the Medical Sciences Campus from the University of Puerto Rico. He later obtained his Doctorate Degree in Medicine at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, and a residency in General Psychiatry from that same institution. He is an active member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Florida Psychiatric Society. Dr. Olivera is one of the few psychiatrists trained in the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) program, an innovative treatment modality currently being used to successfully treat patients suffering from Major Depression. Dr. Olivera is fully bilingual in English and Spanish and has vast experience attending all populations from different cultural backgrounds, with a special interest in geriatric patients and the LGBT community. He likes to integrate all aspects of a patients health into his treatment techniques by using pharmacogenetic testing to evaluate which medications are best according to his patients conditions. Dr. Olivera is now a proud member of the Mindful Behavioral Healthcares professional team.
Education and Training
UPR School of Medicine MD 2012
UPR School of Medicine - Psychiatry Residency Psychiatry Specialty 2016
UPR School of Public Health MPH 2007
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Psychiatric Association
- Florida Psychiatry Society
- General Psychiatry, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, 2016
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Florida Psychiatric Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, teaching others, challenges, getting patients to lead a healthier lifestyle and education.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Dining Out, Reading, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- All major Psychiatric publications & current events
- Affinity Health Plan
- AmeriChoice by UnitedHealthcare
- Arizona Physicians IPA (APIPA)
- Block Vision
- Bridgeway Health Solutions
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Fidelis Care
- Gateway Health Plan
- Health Choice
- HealthFirst (NY-NJ)
- Humana Health
- JMH Health Plan
- Magellan Health Services
- Maricopa Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Neighborhood Health Providers (NY)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Passport Health Plan
- Peach State Health Plan
- Phoenix Health Plan
- Pima Health System (PHS)
- Preferred Medical Plan
- Priority Health
- Public Aid (Illinois Medicaid)
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Torrance Hospital IPA
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- University Family Care
- Virginia Premier Health Plan
Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH's Practice location
Orlando , FL 32837 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Shortness of Breath and Panic Attacks
A panic attack is the most well-known symptom of a panic disorder. Oftentimes, panic attacks come unexpectedly and are usually accompanied by various frightening physical sensations, including hyperventilation or shortness of breath. They are sudden periods of intense fear and anxiety. Panic attacks...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- Can Schizophrenia Be Treated?
Schizophrenia is a severe disorder of the mind that requires lifelong treatment. An individual suffering from this disorder is not able to identify the difference between what actually exists and what is in their mind. This disorder has an adverse effect on the way an individual thinks and reacts to...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- Rashesh Dholakia 251 Maitland Ave Suite 304 Altamonte Springs FL 32701
- Bhaskar N Raju 2345 Sand Lake Road Orlando FL 32837
- Dr. Rex A Birkmire MD 237 Fernwood Blvd Casselberry FL 32730
- Dr. John Peter Zincone M.D. 100 E Hanover Ave Cedar Knolls NJ 07927
- Dr. Nataliya Aleksandrovna Gulyayeva M.D. 8351 246th St Bellerose NY 11426
- Dr. Murtaza Hamid Syed M.D. 1040 S Winter St Adrian MI 49221