Dr. Luis Olivera-Rodriguez is a Board Certified General Psychiatrist with more than 5 years of experience in the treatment of psychiatric and psychological conditions. He completed his Bachelors Degree in Science and a Master in Public Health at the Medical Sciences Campus from the University of Puerto Rico. He later obtained his Doctorate Degree in Medicine at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, and a residency in General Psychiatry from that same institution. He is an active member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Florida Psychiatric Society. Dr. Olivera is one of the few psychiatrists trained in the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) program, an innovative treatment modality currently being used to successfully treat patients suffering from Major Depression. Dr. Olivera is fully bilingual in English and Spanish and has vast experience attending all populations from different cultural backgrounds, with a special interest in geriatric patients and the LGBT community. He likes to integrate all aspects of a patients health into his treatment techniques by using pharmacogenetic testing to evaluate which medications are best according to his patients conditions. Dr. Olivera is now a proud member of the Mindful Behavioral Healthcares professional team.
Education and Training
UPR School of Medicine MD 2012
UPR School of Medicine - Psychiatry Residency Psychiatry Specialty 2016
UPR School of Public Health MPH 2007
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Psychiatric Association
- Florida Psychiatry Society
- General Psychiatry, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, 2016
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Florida Psychiatric Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, teaching others, challenges, getting patients to lead a healthier lifestyle and education.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Dining Out, Reading, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- All major Psychiatric publications & current events
- Affinity Health Plan
- AmeriChoice by UnitedHealthcare
- Arizona Physicians IPA (APIPA)
- Block Vision
- Bridgeway Health Solutions
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Fidelis Care
- Gateway Health Plan
- Health Choice
- HealthFirst (NY-NJ)
- Humana Health
- JMH Health Plan
- Magellan Health Services
- Maricopa Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Neighborhood Health Providers (NY)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Passport Health Plan
- Peach State Health Plan
- Phoenix Health Plan
- Pima Health System (PHS)
- Preferred Medical Plan
- Priority Health
- Public Aid (Illinois Medicaid)
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Torrance Hospital IPA
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- University Family Care
- Virginia Premier Health Plan
Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH's Practice location
Orlando , FL 32837 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Dr. Rex A Birkmire MD 237 Fernwood Blvd Casselberry FL 32730
- Dr. John Peter Zincone M.D. 100 E Hanover Ave Cedar Knolls NJ 07927
- Dr. Murtaza Hamid Syed M.D. 1040 S Winter St Adrian MI 49221
- Dr. Nataliya Aleksandrovna Gulyayeva M.D. 8351 246th St Bellerose NY 11426
- Dr. Susanna Chyu DO 736 N. Magnolia Ave. Orlando FL 32803
- Dr. Andrew Jon Cutler MD 2300 Maitland Center Pkwy Maitland FL 32751