Dr. Mark P Wilhelm M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Mark Wilhelm is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Wilhelm specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Symposium on antimicrobial agents--Part XII. Vancomycin.
- Sedimentary nonylphenol contamination in an urbanized, industrialized segment of the Delaware River estuary, USA.
- Strategies for prevention of infection after cardiac transplantation.
- De novo systemic vasculitis in a renal transplant recipient.
- Emergence of a new pathogenic Ehrlichia species, Wisconsin and Minnesota, 2009.
- Helicobacter canis bacteremia in a patient with fever of unknown origin.
- Disseminated microsporidiosis in a renal transplant recipient: case report and review of the literature.
- Bacterial interference by anaerobic species isolated from human feces.
- The clinical coordinator: a multifaceted role.
- Management of infectious complications following liver transplantation.
- Clinical comparison of isolator, Septi-Chek, nonvented tryptic soy broth, and direct agar plating combined with thioglycolate broth for diagnosing spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.
- Member Minnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Infectious Diseases; Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic
- Fellow - Infectious Disease: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Dr. Mark P Wilhelm M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Mark P Wilhelm M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wilhelm
- What is involved in a COVID-19 Test?
Have you ever heard the notion that the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 can be confusing? Let us take for example having a runny nose. We all know that allergic rhinitis (a reaction to a certain allergen – like pollen, or the perfume of your seatmate) can cause colorless fluid to flow excessively....
- What is involved in a COVID-19 plasma donation?
One of the most promising and in-demand solutions for COVID-19 positive patients is convalescent plasma therapy. Many studies have proven how effective it is in decreasing the presence of the signs and symptoms of the disease. Not only that, but it has also been published that this particular...
- How to Remove a Deer Tick to Prevent Yourself from Getting Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by a spirochete known as Borrelia burgdorferi. It is a spiral-shaped bacterium that replicates within the body with the ability to evade the immune system, causing Lyme disease. Lyme disease is more commonly seen during the spring and summer seasons. The...
- What is the Dengue Triad?
Classified as DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3, and DENV-4, there are four types of viruses belonging to one group (Flaviviridae) that are responsible for infecting humans with dengue fever. The route for transmitting the virus from one infected human to another is via the bloodsucking bite of the female...
- Early Stages of Lyme Disease
Lyme’s disease is acquired from the deer ticks which act as its host. The main cause, though, is a bacteria of the Borrelia type that is found in the tick saliva, and then transferred to humans whenever the tick bites.How do you contract Lyme disease?Deer ticks come in contact with humans in the...
- How is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
Genital Herpes is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by two types of viruses - herpes simplex Type 1 and herpes simplex Type 2. However, people suffering from the condition are not aware of it because it hardly presents with any symptoms. So, in most of the cases people are...
- Ms. Gina Ann Suh M.D.200 1ST ST SW ROCHESTER MN 55905
- Dr. Zelalem Temesgen M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elie F Berbari M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Sohail MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Ala S Dababneh M.D200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Mary J Kasten M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905