Dr. Sarah Ongstad M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery1415 Woodland Ave Suite 140 Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Sarah Ongstad is a vascular surgeon practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Ongstad specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Ongstad diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Dr. Sarah Ongstad M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
LINCOLN, NE 68506Get Direction
Dr. Sarah Ongstad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ongstad
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Dr. Alan Russell Koslow M.D.974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Cass Franklin M.D.411 LAUREL ST. DES MOINES IA 50314
- Dr. Laurie M Kuestner M.D.5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. John Alan Stern M.D.1301 PENNSYLVANIA AVE DES MOINES IA 50316
- Dr. Jose Roberto Borromeo M.D.5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. James Lipscomb Ebaugh M.D.5880 UNIVERSITY AVE WEST DES MOINES IA 50266