Dr. Lillian R Meacham MD
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology2015 Uppergate Dr Atlanta GA, 30322
Dr. Lillian Meacham is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Meacham specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Endocrinology
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Characteristics of growth hormone therapy for pediatric patients with brain tumors in the National Cooperative Growth Study (NCGS) and from a survey of pediatric endocrinologists.
- The use of dextroamphetamine to treat obesity and hyperphagia in children treated for craniopharyngioma.
- Mechanism of transient adrenal insufficiency with megestrol acetate treatment of cachexia in children with cancer.
- The use of high-dose daily cabergoline in an adolescent patient with macroprolactinoma.
- Late effects risk profiles using the long-term follow-up guidelines in identical twin survivors of acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Bone mineral density deficits in survivors of childhood cancer: long-term follow-up guidelines and review of the literature.
- Adrenal function testing in pediatric cancer survivors.
- Severity of health conditions identified in a pediatric cancer survivor program.
- Seventeen-year-old adolescent with pituitary abscess.
- Primary care providers as partners in long-term follow-up of pediatric cancer survivors.
- Modifiable risk factors and major cardiac events among adult survivors of childhood cancer.
- Information needs of childhood cancer survivors: a case for survivor clinic.
- Growth hormone exposure as a risk factor for the development of subsequent neoplasms of the central nervous system: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study.
- Perceptions of body mass index (BMI) in pediatric cancer survivors and their providers.
- Epidemiology. Endocrine disorders in adult survivors of childhood cancer.
- Atlanta Super Doctors 2012
- Emory Univ Hosp, Pediatric Endocrinology; Emory Univ Hosp, Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine
Dr. Lillian R Meacham MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
ATLANTA, GA 30342Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- What is Apert Syndrome?
Apert syndrome, named after the French physician who described the condition for the first time, is a genetic disorder characterized by several birth defects. Children with this syndrome will have an abnormally developed face and skull. This syndrome is rare and in most cases, it develops even when...
- Link Found Between Hormone Therapies and Diabetes Among Transgender Patients
Transgender Patients and Recent Studies Relating to DiabetesThose who are having issues with diabetes already know what issues can be faced, in the present and down the road. Knowing when to seek help for these issues is challenging enough, but those who are transgender already face many more...
- Dr. Michelle Ihsiu Lin MD2015 Uppergate Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Paul Jerome Bernard MD10700 Medlock Bridge Rd Duluth GA 30097
- Dr. Robert M Schultz MD1100 Lake Hearn Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Stephen W. Anderson M.D.1100 Lake Hearn Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Mark S. Rappaport M.D.1100 Lake Hearn Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Paula Genese Newton M.D.1100 Lake Hearn Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30342