Dr. John Phillips practices Neuropathology in Salinas, CA. Dr. Phillips studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
- Mitochondrial and cytoplasmic thioredoxin reductase variants encoded by a single Drosophila gene are both essential for viability.
- Inositol phosphatase activity of the Escherichia coli agp-encoded acid glucose-1-phosphatase.
- RNA interference-mediated silencing of Sod2 in Drosophila leads to early adult-onset mortality and elevated endogenous oxidative stress.
- A putative glutathione peroxidase of Drosophila encodes a thioredoxin peroxidase that provides resistance against oxidative stress but fails to complement a lack of catalase activity.
- Compartment-specific protection of iron-sulfur proteins by superoxide dismutase.
- RNAi-mediated suppression of the mitochondrial iron chaperone, frataxin, in Drosophila.
- Rehabilitation pharmacology: bridging laboratory work to clinical application.
- Of two cytosolic aconitases expressed in Drosophila, only one functions as an iron-regulatory protein.
- Transgene and mitochondrial DNA are indicators of efficient composting of transgenic pig carcasses.
- The effects of vitamin supplementation on Drosophila life span under normoxia and under oxidative stress.
- Mutations of the withered (whd) gene in Drosophila melanogaster confer hypersensitivity to oxidative stress and are lesions of the carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (CPT I) gene.
- Instability of superoxide dismutase 1 of Drosophila in mutants deficient for its cognate copper chaperone.
- Comparison of cerebral volume in children aged 18-22 and 36-47 months born preterm and term.
Dr. John Paul Phillips M.D.'s Practice location
Salinas, CA 93908Get Direction
Dr. John Paul Phillips M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease in which the protective myelin sheath of the nerves is damaged, affecting the transmission of messages to and from the brain and spinal cord. This is a progressive, debilitating disease that results in nerve deterioration which is, unfortunately, an...
- Antioxidant Levels Are Similar in Organic and Conventionally Grown Vegetables
The general belief that organically grown crops are healthier than conventionally grown ones may not be true, says a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. This study reports that some of the vegetables grown using the conventional methods with fertilizers and pesticides...
- An Innovative Method for the Early Prediction of Parkinson's Disease
As technology advances, so does the methods at the researcher’s disposal to create innovative tools that can be used in many contexts to, in one way or another, improve the user’s effectiveness at performing certain tasks. Case in point, a team of researchers from the Washington University...
- Dementia and Why it Happens
What is dementia?Dementia refers to the loss of brain functions, including memory, thinking, language development and behavior that may affect the daily life of a patient. Many people have slight loss of memory when they are old, but if the memory loss gets worse with time, it indicates dementia....
- Dr. Lancelot Oliver Alexander MD535 E Romie Ln Salinas CA 93901
- Dr. Dale Avry Helman MD256-A SAN JOSE STREET SALINAS CA 93901
- Dr. Gerald Francis Wahl MD220 San Jose St Salinas CA 93901
- Dr. Borina Dramov MD256 SAN JOSE ST SALINAS CA 93901
- Dr. Stephen Joseph Peroutka MD, PHD26339 Valley View Ave Carmel CA 93923
- Dr. Patricia D Scripko M.D.1033 Los Palos Dr Salinas CA 93901