Dr. Merrill Wise practices Sleep Medicine in Memphis, TN. Dr. Wise studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
- Narcolepsy and other disorders of excessive sleepiness.
- A functional autoantibody in human narcolepsy?
- Objective measures of sleepiness and wakefulness: application to the real world?
- Practice parameters for the use of continuous and bilevel positive airway pressure devices to treat adult patients with sleep-related breathing disorders.
- Health disparities in sleep medicine: responses to the American Sleep Medicine Foundation Humanitarian Projects Award program.
- The association between sleep spindles and IQ in healthy school-age children.
- Position statement on pediatric sleep for psychiatrists.
- Recommended Amount of Sleep for Pediatric Populations: A Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Sleep Spindle Characteristics in Children with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Their Relation to Cognition.
- Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine on the Recommended
- Pediatric Sleep Duration Consensus Statement: A Step Forward.
- A call for action regarding translational research in pediatric sleep.
Dr. Merrill S Wise M.D.'s Practice location
Memphis, TN 38157Get Direction
Dr. Merrill S Wise M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Additional Insight into Children's Sleep Apnea
It is surprisingly not uncommon for children to show mild forms of sleep apnea due to enlarged tonsils or adenoids, and some of them can usually grow out of it as their body develops and the airway expands to accommodate their growth. Regardless, the severe versions of obstructive sleep-disordered...
- Can Sleep Apnea Increase the Risk of Suicide?
The national survey seems to indicate that those living with sleep apnea are at a higher risk of suicide. Because those affected by sleep apnea are more probable to idealize suicide, plan it, or see it as an option, this makes an early diagnosis of sleep apnea as an opportunity to prevent suicide...
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Chronic?
Restless legs syndrome is not chronic. RLS is a neurological movement disorder of the limbs. It is usually associated with sleep disruptions. Patients with RLS will usually report strange sensations, such as an urge to move their leg. This can become very bothersome, which can lead to physical as...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- The Impact of Sleep Deprivation Has on the Brain
According to the National Sleep Foundation, the average adult should have seven to nine hours of sleep each day to achieve a healthier body and a normal sleep/wake cycle. However, the amount of sleep needed by every person varies in different ages and because of his or her lifestyle. Different...
- Are CPAP Machines Being Used by Insurers to Spy on Patients?
Approximately 17 million people use CPAP machines for obstructive sleep apnea. Is it possible that insurers are collecting their information through their treatment? Maybe. Thousands of CPAP machines users found out that their machine was actually spying on them. Yes, we're serious. The device sends...
- Dr. William I Mariencheck MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Robert C Mceachern MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. James M Andrews MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Suzette anne Denise Panton-latouche M.D.5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Syed Junaid ahmed Zaidi M.D.5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Robert Neal Aguillard MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157