Dr. Merrill S Wise M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine5050 Poplar Ave Suite 800 Memphis TN, 38157
Dr. Merrill Wise practices Sleep Medicine in Memphis, TN. Dr. Wise studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Narcolepsy and other disorders of excessive sleepiness.
- A functional autoantibody in human narcolepsy?
- Objective measures of sleepiness and wakefulness: application to the real world?
- Practice parameters for the use of continuous and bilevel positive airway pressure devices to treat adult patients with sleep-related breathing disorders.
- Health disparities in sleep medicine: responses to the American Sleep Medicine Foundation Humanitarian Projects Award program.
- The association between sleep spindles and IQ in healthy school-age children.
- Position statement on pediatric sleep for psychiatrists.
- Recommended Amount of Sleep for Pediatric Populations: A Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Sleep Spindle Characteristics in Children with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Their Relation to Cognition.
- Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine on the Recommended
- Pediatric Sleep Duration Consensus Statement: A Step Forward.
- A call for action regarding translational research in pediatric sleep.
Dr. Merrill S Wise M.D.'s Practice location
Memphis, TN 38157Get Direction
- The Increasing Awareness of Sleep Apnea and the Ohio Doctor Committed to Treating the Condition
Sleep apnea has, for the longest time, been the bane of every good night’s sleep. The condition encompasses a series of signs and symptoms that surface during sleep and which can seriously affect the victim by interrupting his or her slumber. Sufferers of this condition usually have a hard time...
- Sleep Apnea's Impact on a Patient's Heart
Though sleep apnea often causes atrial fibrillation, there is a lack of awareness.Neglecting sleep disorders is easy. They are widely prevalent, and yet poorly diagnosed and an underrated risk factor for many health conditions. Sleep apnea, one of the most common sleep disorders touches 3-7% of the...
- Why Sleep Apnea Can Be a Serious Condition
Sleep apnea affects just about 18 million Americans today. It is a severe medical condition that involves the interruption of regular breathing patterns while you sleep. Sleep apnea is caused by obstruction to the airway and it lowers the levels of oxygen in your blood. Even though you may not be...
- Tongue and Mouth Exercises for Sleep Apnea Sufferers
Sleep apnea is a condition in which the affected individual is unable to breathe during sleep due to an obstructed airway. The condition is cataloged as a respiratory disorder, and those who suffer from it often have episodes of intense and excessive snoring, as well as episodes in which they may...
- Sleep Apnea and its Influence on Fatigue in the Workplace
Everyone is different. When comparing two individuals side by side, they are seldom identical, even in the way they react to the same stimuli. Even if they live together, it is common to observe that roommates, couples, or those who share a close relationship can respond differently to same...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Dr. William I Mariencheck MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Robert C Mceachern MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Suzette anne Denise Panton-latouche M.D.5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. James M Andrews MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Syed Junaid ahmed Zaidi M.D.5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Robert Neal Aguillard MD5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157