Dr. Julia Elizabeth Mclawsen PH.D., R.PSYCH.
Psychologist | Clinical9601 Steilacoom Blvd SW Lakewood WA, 98498
Dr. Julia Mclawsen is a psychologist practicing in Lakewood, WA. Dr. Mclawsen specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Mclawsen evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Mclawsen because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Julia Elizabeth Mclawsen PH.D., R.PSYCH.'s Practice location
Lakewood, WA 98498Get Direction
BELLEVUE, WA 98004Get Direction
Dr. Julia Elizabeth Mclawsen PH.D., R.PSYCH.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mclawsen
- X Factor Star Susan Boyle on Asperger's Diagnosis
In 2012, Scottish singer Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (AS). Before her diagnosis, Susan’s team believed that her ‘unpredictable’ and ‘eccentric’ behavior was due to her being a diva and hot-headed. They considered that she acted the way she did because she was...
- How Autism Stigma Almost Killed a Young Boy
A young boy was in dire need of a transplant, but hospitals refused him due to his autism. After fighting the odds and getting the procedure, surviving, and thriving, he has started a conversation about preventing medical bias.Battle for a transplantLief was only nine years old when he became ill...
- How to Teach Children About Autism
Parenthood is basically one long teaching job. All parents want their children to grow up to be healthy, well-loved, and good people. This is not easily done. There are so many misconceptions in society about a variety of issues that children can be taught to ignore. Parents also want to ensure that...
- What is the Difference Between Anxiety and Depression?
All individuals, at some point or another in their life, undergo negative feelings like stress, sadness, anxiety, and depression. While these emotions are a normal part of everyone’s life, for certain people, they may turn into a serious medical condition that eventually impacts their quality of...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- Can Certain Lifestyle Choices Influence the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an illness that affects the body’s nervous system and whose cure has yet to be found. MS is characterized by varying signs and symptoms depending on which part of the nervous system is affected. The main and most common signs and symptoms observable in most patients...
- Dr. David Cornwell Brose PHD1901 S Union Ave Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Karstin Lee Slade PH.D.Mamc 9040 Reid St Tacoma WA 98431
- Dr. Pamela Lyn Sarlund-heinrich PSY.D.33507 9th Ave S Building C Federal Way WA 98003
- Dr. Heesoon Jun PH.D.3100 Sunset Beach Dr Nw Olympia WA 98502
- Dr. Lauren Nicole Hollrah PSY.D.1815 Sw Marlow Ave Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Natasha Estelle Chung Other834 S 296th Pl Federal Way WA 98003