Dr. Rafik Albert Abdelsayed DDS
Pathologist | Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology1459 Laney Walker Blvd Ad1501 Augusta GA, 30912
Dr. Rafik Abdelsayed is a pathologist practicing in Augusta, GA. Dr. Abdelsayed is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Abdelsayed can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Abdelsayed may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) expression in ameloblastoma.
- Pyogenic granuloma and pemphigus vulgaris: An unusual association.
- Study of human papillomavirus in oral epithelial dysplasia and epidermoid carcinoma in the absence of tobacco and alcohol use.
- Fibrous cortical defect (nonossifying fibroma) of the mandibular ramus: report of 2 cases.
- Benign myoepithelioma of floor of mouth with mandibular involvement: a case report and literature review.
- Development of a rat model of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (BRONJ).
- Tophaceous pseudogout of the temporomandibular joint: a series of 3 cases.
- Prevalence of ciliated epithelium in apical periodontitis lesions.
- Retrospective study on idiopathic bone cavity and its association with cementoosseous dysplasia.
Dr. Rafik Albert Abdelsayed DDS's Practice location
Augusta, GA 30912Get Direction
Augusta, GA 30912Get Direction
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Dr. Nikhil Govindbhai Patel M.D.1120 15TH ST AUGUSTA GA 30912
- Dr. Patricia A Caudell M.D.1462 Laney Walker Blvd Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Hannah Canfield Coulson D.O.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. David L Booker M.D.1462 Laney Walker Blvd Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Shikhar G Vyas MD1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Natasha Marie Savage M.D.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912