Dr. Dorie Hankin is a child neurologist practicing in Mineola, NY. Dr. Hankin specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Hankin is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Pediatrics
Dr. Dorie E Hankin M.D.'s Practice location
Mineola, NY 11501Get Direction
EAST SETAUKET, NY 11733Get Direction
Dr. Dorie E Hankin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Ed Asner Discusses Son and Grandson’s Autism
Seven-time Emmy award-winning actor and voice artist, Ed Asner, admitted that he did not see the signs that his youngest son, Charlie, had autism. The signs that others seemed to have noticed, including difficulty fitting in, lack of empathy, and lack of certain lagging skills. “I really found a...
- Jiffy Lube Steps Up to Join the 6th Muscle Up Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser
Muscular dystrophy is a serious condition wherein one will lose a lot of muscle mass and have weaker muscles. The cause of muscular dystrophy is said to be the presence of mutations from a person’s genetics that would stop the production of a protein that forms the muscles. Symptoms can mostly be...
- What Is a Postictal Phase?
After a person experiences a seizure, he or she enters an altered state of consciousness called the postictal phase, which often lasts for 5-30 minutes. The postictal phase may also be longer if an individual has more severe seizures.This phase is characterized by disorienting symptoms along with...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What Is the Babinski Reflex?
Reflexes Seen in NewbornsMuch of a baby's activity during the first few weeks of life is reflexive. When you put your finger in your baby's mouth, your baby would automatically suck on it by reflex. Your baby would not think of what to do but rather respond according to reflexes. When exposed to a...
- Teen Mom Leah Blows Fans Away with How She Deals with Daughter's Muscular Dystrophy
Seven-year-old Ali Simms from Teen Mom 2 suffers from a rare form of muscular dystrophy, a condition which causes problems with movement, and usually heart and respiratory issues as the disease progresses. Ali was rushed to the hospital in August after struggling to breathe, worrying her family and...
- Dr. David M Kaufman M.D.3 East 83 Street New York NY 10028
- Dr. Kaleb Yohay M.D.525 E 68th St New York NY 10021
- Dr. Michael W Elice M.D.77 Froehlich Farm Blvd Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Karen Michelle Hopkins M.D.530 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Deepa Rastogi MDCham Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Regina Lamb-amato MD106 W 13th St New York NY 10011