Michelle Thomasine Sheets, PhD, MA, BA, is a leading clinical psychologist currently serving patients at her private practice in Brooklyn Heights, New York, which she commenced in 2012 in order to be able to conduct psychotherapy for adults and children in a private setting. Throughout her nine years of practice, she has accrued extensive expertise in acceptance and commitment therapy and mindfulness in conjunction with cognitive behavioral therapy. After earning her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in 2000 at Miami University, Dr. Sheets completed her Master of Arts degree in Psychology in 2004 and her PhD in Clinical and School Psychology in 2009 at Hofstra University. She is certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the American Psychological Association, the Academy of Psychological Clinical Science, and the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
- Bipolar Disorder, Mood Disorders, Thought Disorders And More
- Member American Psychological Association
- Member APA Practice Organization
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, Academy of Psychological Clinical Science, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
Articles and Publications
- Co Authored
What do you attribute your success to?
- Drive, determination and persistence to help others.
Hobbies / Sports
- Running, Pilates, Spending time with her two year old twin daughters
Favorite professional publications
- Psychology Today??
Dr. Michelle Thomasine Sheets PH.D.'s Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11214Get Direction
Brooklyn, New York 11242Get Direction
Forest Hills, NY 11375Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michelle Thomasine Sheets PH.D. | Psychologist | Clinical
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michelle Thomasine Sheets PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Music Can Prevent Chronic Stress
Stress is inevitable in life; however, it is less manageable if an individual experiences chronic stress on a daily basis for an extended period of time. Stress triggers a series of reactions that initiate the stress response in cells throughout an individual's body. Commonly, if stress persists for...
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- Study Links PTSD from 9/11 to Dementia Cases
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. And yet, every single American still remembers where they were on that day. Researchers found that rescuers, witnesses and survivors have reported cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or simply PTSD. Sean Clouston, the lead researcher from Stony Brook...
- Psychotherapy for Depression
If you have depression, the most recommended treatment for you would be psychotherapy. The term psychotherapy, which is also known as therapy, in short, involves various techniques of treatment. During therapy, you talk to a licensed, trained, and experienced therapist in mental health care. The...
- What are the Symptoms of Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disorder characterized by distorted and abnormal understandings and interpretations of reality. This is a severe form of a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks and expresses himself or herself. As the person fails to understand reality, he or she...
- Are You Dating a Sociopath?
The following are some traits that will show you are dating a sociopath:1. Charismatic and charmingImage is everything for a sociopath. The priority for a sociopath is the image that he or she gives to the world. They have a very charismatic and charming nature, and will try to constantly flatter...
- Dr. Sonja M. Ramirez PH.D.Mobile office New York and Northeastern NJ 07110
- Dr. Dominick John Riccio PSYCHOLOGIST1036 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST15038 Union Tpke Flushing NY 11367
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Vanessa Porto Caskey412 6th Avenue New York New York 10011
- Dr. Irina Volynsky PHD440 West Street Fort Lee New Jersey 07024