Leonard Spector DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon10 Warren Rd Suite 330 Cockeysville MD, 21030
Dr. Leonard Spector is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Cockeysville, MD. Dr. Spector specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Spector is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Spector are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
University of Maryland Dental School D.D.S. 1981
University of Vermont B.A. Biology 1977
Oral and Maxillofacial SurgeryAmerican Board of Oral and Maxillofacial SurgeryABOMS
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude Dental School
- Baltimore Best Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon 2013, 2016-17 Baltimore
- Dental Implants
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Oral Pathology
- 3-d Imaging
- Removal of Wisdom Tooth
- Orthodontic Exposure of Impacted Teeth
- Professional Member American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Professional Member American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Professional Member Middle Atlantic Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Professional Member American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Professional Member Academy of Osseointegration
- Professional Member American Dental Association
- Professional Member Maryland State Dental Association
- Professional Member Harford-Cecil County Dental Society
- Professional Member Baltimore County Dental Association
Leonard Spector DDS's Practice location
Cockeysville, MD 21030Get Direction
Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093Get Direction
- Are There Risks to Anal Fissure Surgery?
This is a tear that occurs within the surrounding tissues of the anus. Normally, anal fissures do not result in severe health complications, although they cause discomfort and irritation and are very painful at times. If an anal fissure goes on for two months and beyond, it is termed as a chronic...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Dr. David C Bastacky DMD516 N Rolling Rd Catonsville MD 21228
- Dr. John Joseph Mitcherling Other1900 E Northern Pkwy Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Steven Gary Ashman D.D.S9199 Reisterstown Rd Owings Mills MD 21117
- Dr. Julius Hyatt D.D.S.10 Warren Rd Cockeysville MD 21030
- Dr. Michael Kent Schwartz D.D.S.10 Warren Rd Cockeysville MD 21030
- Dr. Robert Kirk Johnson Other1900 E Northern Pkwy Baltimore MD 21239