Dr. Steven Kamenir is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. Kamenir specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1990
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Heart Disease
- Marfan Syndrome
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Children'S Hosp, Pediatric Cardiology; Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital Program
Dr. Steven A Kamenir's Practice location
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
Dr. Steven A Kamenir's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Dr. Neil Sarkis Devejian M.D.50 New Scotland Avenue Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Matthew A Farina Other319 S Manning Blvd Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Amir Dangol MD43 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Harm Velvis M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Michael T Colon MD47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Eric W Spooner Other319 S Manning Blvd Albany NY 12208