Howard Kipen is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Piscataway, NJ. Kipen specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Kipen participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1979
University of California 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Public Health & General Preventive Medicine; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Internal Medicine
- Mt Sinai Hospital 1980
- CEME/Mount Sinai Medical Center Program
Dr. Howard Kipen MD's Practice location
Piscataway, NJ 08854Get Direction
Dr. Howard Kipen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- How to Prepare for Occupational Therapy
There really is no single way to prepare for occupational therapy or any other forms of therapy for that matter. Treatment of disease is straightforward. The tests are known and the diagnosis is definitive. If the medication is tested and the side-effects are known, then the recovery time can be...
- Dr. Michelle Williams Robertson MD, MPH170 Frelinghuysen Rd Piscataway NJ 08854
- Dr. Karen Marie Garvey MD, MPH241 B Millburn Ave Millburn NJ 07041
- Dr. Yoshinobu Mifune MD240 Williamson St Elizabeth NJ 07202
- Dr. Peter Blumenthal MD, MPH22 Oakview Ave Maplewood NJ 07040
- Dr. Francine S. Katz DO, MPH CANDIDATE170 Frelinghuysen Rd Piscataway NJ 08854
- Dr. Frank Sparandero MD5 Arrowhead Dr Neshanic Station NJ 08853