Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology720 Harrison Ave 4th Floor Gastroente Boston MA, 02118
Dr. Francis Farraye is a gastroenterologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Farraye specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Farraye performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Colonoscopy for small adenomas.
- Herbal toxicity and fatal hepatic failure.
- Screening flexible sigmoidoscopy: effectiveness is not enough.
- Screening for colorectal cancer with flexible sigmoidoscopy by nonphysician endoscopists.
- Is colonoscopy indicated for small adenomas found by screening flexible sigmoidoscopy?
- A randomized controlled trial of an enhanced patient compliance program for Helicobacter pylori therapy.
- Polypectomy may be adequate treatment for adenoma-like dysplastic lesions in chronic ulcerative colitis.
- Asymptomatic ileal carcinoid detected during colonoscopy.
- Successful desensitization to 6-mercaptopurine in a patient with Crohn's disease.
- Phenotypic characteristics associated with the APC gene I1307K mutation in Ashkenazi Jewish patients with colorectal polyps.
- Gastric dysplasia-like epithelial atypia associated with chemoradiotherapy for esophageal cancer: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 15 cases.
- Multiple asymptomatic plexiform schwannomas of the sigmoid colon: a case report and review.
- Gastric xanthomas.
- Self-care for the inflammatory bowel disease patient: what can the professional recommend?
- Clinical significance of small polyps found during screening with flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- 2011 Boston Super Doctors
- 1998 Ebert Fellow Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- 2003 Year
- American College Gastroenterology 2009 William Carey Award
- 2010-2012 Boston Magazine Top Docs
- 2011-2012 US News and World Report Top Docs
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Crohn's Disease
- Colon Polyps
- Gastroenterology, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston MA 1988
- Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Fellow:Gastroenterology 1986
- Harvard School of Public Health, Fellow:Epidemiology 1998
Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02118Get Direction
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32224Get Direction
Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Farraye
great doctor. Dr. Farraye is thorough, competent, and very experienced working with patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Recommended to anyone, particularly individuals who have had ostomy surgery and/or have crohns, colitis
- Stomach Ulcers: What are the Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment?
Stomach ulcers are painful lesions that are found in the lining of your stomach or small intestine. They are the most visible sign of peptic ulcer disease. Your stomach and small intestine are lined by a layer of mucus-producing cells. The mucus produced by these cells protect the lining of your...
- The Tell-Tale Signs of Gallstones
We have all heard stories; both happy and painful ones. Most people who have experienced the symptoms of gallstones, especially belly pain say it is unbearable and worse than labor pain!Gallstones are stones of different sizes that are created from bilirubin and cholesterol within the gallbladder....
- Crohn's Disease: Foods, Vitamins, Supplements, and Herbal Remedies
Crohn's Disease and VitaminsCrohn is an inflammatory bowel disease which mainly affects the gastrointestinal tract causing severe pain in the abdomen, constant fever and reduction in weight. It does not allow the digestive system to absorb the required vitamins and nutrients from the food.Vitamins...
- The Gluten Loophole: Father and Daughter Circumvent Celiac Disease
An allergy is an abnormal reaction of the immune system to normally inoffensive substances called allergens. Most allergic reactions are harmless and easily resolved, but some can result in fatal anaphylactic shock if not attended to immediately.An allergic reaction is triggered when an allergen...
- How Does Carafate Help in Treating Stomach Ulcers?
Most people blame stomach ulcers on the stress of modern day life or unhealthy eating habits. But whatever may be the cause, stomach ulcers are common but painful medical conditions to deal with. Stomach ulcers can be seen as sores that are found in the lining of the stomach and in the small...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- Dr. Wissam Bleibel M.D.Carney Hospital Dorchester MA 02124
- Dr. Vijay Yajnik MD, PHD165 Cambridge Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Michael Miller Other884 Washington St Norwood MA 02062
- Dr. Adam S Cheifetz M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Kenneth Ronald Falchuk M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Matthew Francis Sullivan MD825 Washington St Norwood MA 02062