Dr. Amir A Qamar MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology41 Mall Rd Lahey Clinic Burlington MA, 01805
Dr. Amir Qamar is a gastroenterologist practicing in Burlington, MA. Dr. Qamar specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Qamar performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Aga Khan University Medical College 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Fulminant hepatic failure secondary to erlotinib.
- Statin use in patients with cirrhosis: a retrospective cohort study.
- ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction Mortality Among Patients With Liver Cirrhosis:
- Hematologic indices improve with eradication of HCV in patients with cirrhosis and predict decompensation.
- Probiotics in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, and Cirrhosis.
- Liver Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Vascular Disease
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Program
Dr. Amir A Qamar MD's Practice location
Burlington, MA 01805Get Direction
Dr. Amir A Qamar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Qamar
- Celiac Disease: Five New Developments to Know About
When you have celiac disease or one of your family members has the disease, caution should always be taken so as not to trigger the pain and other complications that might be brought by the emergence of this disease. Since celiac disease has no known medication yet, a total abstinence from any food...
- Why Going Gluten-Free Is the Next Step for Peripheral Neuropathy
Few disease are more difficult to treat than those related to the brain and nerves. Since it is the body’s control center, having diseases caused by malfunctions in the brain can have multiple effects on the body. Not only are doctors trying to cure or control the root cause, relief for multiple...
- Best Home Remedies for Heartburn
Heartburn is usually triggered when stomach acid travels up toward the esophagus and cause a burning feeling in your throat or chest. It can be a very unpleasant feeling, but there are natural home remedies that can help relieve it aside from taking over-the-counter medications. However, it's time...
- Treatments for Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a very uncomfortable disease that weakens the body as well causes inconvenience as people go about their work or socialising. It is very bothersome, and many would do anything to garner relief from this illness. There are several ways to treat diarrhea. A few of them are listed below....
- The Stress and Anxiety Behind Crohn's and Colitis
It’s no news flash that stress and anxiety can play a major role in health. From raising blood pressure to having a negative impact on a person’s ability to sleep, anxiety and too much stress, especially the wrong kind of stress, can cause a host of different problems for your health. It’s...
- New Link Discovered Between Asthma and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Canadian researcher Dr. M. Ellen Kuenzig of the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada has led a research team that found evidence that asthma is linked to inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Kuenzig and her colleagues conducted a case-control study, which looks at health-related data within large...
- Dr. Vijay Yajnik MD, PHD165 Cambridge Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.720 Harrison Ave Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Satya B Allaparthi MD281 Lincoln St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Adam S Cheifetz M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Kenneth Ronald Falchuk M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Chandrashekhar Thukral M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215