Dr. Jeffrey Jordan is an ophthalmologist practicing in Bangor, ME. Dr. Jordan specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Jordan can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Jordan can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1994
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1994
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Ophthalmology; Maine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Maine Med Center
Dr. Jeffrey Jay Jordan MD's Practice location
Bangor, ME 04401Get Direction
BANGOR, ME 04401Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Jay Jordan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jordan
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Eye Infections: Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal
Eye infections occur when various harmful microorganisms invade the eyes. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. When suspecting an eye infection, you should go and get a detailed eye examination from an eye doctor. Trying to self-diagnose and even self-treat eye problems and eye...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- How to Properly Take Care of Your Eyelashes
Lush, full lashes are any woman’s dream. Avoiding a few bad habits and replacing them with some good ones may lead to beautiful, long lashes.Eyelashes have a very important role in the health of the eyes. They are protective in nature preventing foreign matter out of the eye. They also act as an...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- Dr. Oscar Rafael Batlle M.D.2411 Holmes St Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. John Theodore Bowman M.D.1 Ridgewood Dr Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Curt Tyler Young MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Deborah S Hoffert M.D.12 Stillwater Ave Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Paul Rush Moulton M.D.5 Grove St Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Garth Allen Wilbanks MD885 Union St Bangor ME 04401