Dr. Charles Elwell is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Shalimar, FL. Dr. Elwell specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Elwell is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Elwell are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Dr. Charles William Elwell DMD's Practice location
Dr. Charles William Elwell DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips On Lowering Your Blood Pressure
There is no easy way to lower your blood pressure. When you are facing high blood pressure, you have to make the appropriate lifestyle changes to lower it. Remember that you are the key element in improving your blood pressure. If you are not willing to help yourself, then no one can. Even if the...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Dr. Eric Mahlon-paul Scheufler D.M.D, M.D. P.A.42 Business Centre Dr Miramar Beach FL 32550
- Dr. Robert Clyde Ogletree DDS7 Clifford Dr Shalimar FL 32579
- Dr. Bryan Nelson House DDS4400 E Highway 20 Niceville FL 32578
- Dr. Sarah Sohyun Bong-thakur DDS666 W Baltimore St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Bradley Dale Harrelson D.M.D.2900 Doolittle Dr Ellsworth Afb SD 57706
- Dr. Ernesto Jose Torres DMD149 Hart Street Sheppard Afb TX 76311