Dr. Sheldon Bond practices Pediatric Surgery in Louisville, KY. Dr. Bond treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Bonddiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1983
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1983
Medical College of Wisconsin 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- The effects of a broad-spectrum matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor on characteristics of wound healing.
- Secretory carcinoma in a 9-year-old girl.
- Müllerian agenesis and ovarian torsion. A case report and review of literature.
- Hirschsprung's disease in an infant with colonic atresia and normal fixation of the distal colon.
- Laparoscopic Ladd procedure: a minimally invasive approach to malrotation without midgut volvulus.
- Lipoma as a pathological lead point in a child with ileocolic intussusception.
- Gastric trichobezoar: abdominal mass in a child with sickle cell disease.
- Lateral pediatric ectopic thyroid.
- Recurrent neutropenic enterocolitis in a pediatric patient.
- Etiology and incidence of pediatric gallbladder disease.
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Dermal Aesthetics
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- University of Louisville School of Medicine Program
Dr. Sheldon J. Bond M.D.'s Practice location
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Dr. Sheldon J. Bond M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Mary E Fallat M.D.234 E Gray St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Chad A Wiesenauer M.D.234 E Gray St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. David S Foley M.D.234 E Gray St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Indira S Thirkannad M.D>234 E Gray St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Diller Baer Groff M.D.5405 Indian Woods Dr Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Cynthia D Downard M.D.234 E Gray St Louisville KY 40202