Dr. James Shepherd is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Urbana, IL. Dr. Shepherd specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Shepherd can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Shepherd can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1988
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1988
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Gestational Diabetes
- Cook County Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Cook County Hospital
- Cook County Hospital Program
Dr. James L Shepherd MD's Practice location
Urbana, IL 61801Get Direction
Dr. James L Shepherd MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a serious condition that, unfortunately, has no known cure. This condition is difficult to treat and the treatments usually aim to ease the symptoms. Usually, the treatments are given for the following reasons:Pain relief, most often your doctor would prescribe a series of pain...
- How Does a Patient's Surgeon Influence Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions?
When a patient is diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first treatment options is to remove the affected tissue, typically through a mastectomy. In addition to a mastectomy, a patient may also undergo chemotherapy in order to eradicate traces of the disease that may remain or have spread beyond...
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding
An article published in the journal, Nature, has shed light on to what makes breastfeeding unique and beneficial. Although breastfeeding is recommended and followed for the first six months of a child's life, the present reports show insights on some of the unique benefits of breastfeeding....
- Fitness Options for New Moms
Robert O. Atlas, MD, O.B.G.Y.N., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, is of the opinion that when a woman can resume exercise depends on the individual. Some new moms are ready within two weeks while some others may take a month or so to get back...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Things You Should Avoid While You're Pregnant
Undercooked poultry, eggs, and meatPregnant women are prone to food borne illnesses. To avoid these illnesses, all meats must be cooked fully. Eat eggs that have firm yolks and whites. Eating raw eggs, or even soft scrambled eggs, not safe for you are the baby. Processed meats, like hotdogs and deli...
- Dr. Mildred S. Nelson M.D.101 W University Ave Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. Ralph Kehl MD602 W University Ave Urbana IL 61801
- Dr. Eileen Ann Murphy M.D.841 W Junior Ter Chicago IL 60613
- Dr. Suzanne R Trupin M.D.2125 S Neil St Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. Kieya C. King M.D.101 W University Ave Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. Michael A. Smith M.D.101 W University Ave Champaign IL 61820