Dr. William Wood is a surgical oncologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Wood specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- U Tx-M D Anderson Cancer C, General Surgery; C T Hayden Vet Affairs M C, General Surgery
Mr. William Joseph Wood MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97213Get Direction
PORTLAND, OR 97220Get Direction
Mr. William Joseph Wood MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Dr. Charles Kristian Enestvedt MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Angela Michelle Lewis-traylor M.D.24988 Se Stark St Gresham OR 97030
- Dr. Kevin Gregg Billingsley MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Katherine T Morris MD1040 Nw 22nd Ave Portland OR 97210
- Dr. John Tyson Vetto MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Arpana M Naik MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239