Dr. Usha Phillips is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Elizabeth, NJ. Dr. Phillips specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Stanley Med Coll- Dr M G R Med Univ- Madras- Tn- India 1982
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Umdnj-R W Johnson Med Sch, Pediatrics
Dr. Usha K Phillips MD's Practice location
Elizabeth, NJ 07202Get Direction
LAS CRUCES, NM 88011Get Direction
Dr. Usha K Phillips MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Boy with Muscular Dystrophy Turns His Love For Cooking into a Business
Even though the odds are against them, some kids with muscular dystrophy defy them in big ways and prove to be an inspiration for others with the neuromuscular disease. One of those kids is 10-year-old Conor Barshay. Even before the age of 10, Barshay developed a keen sense of taste through a...
- Chronic Pelvic Pain and Cross-sensitization
Conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and overactive bladder, both of which causes chronic pain in the pelvic region, are often found to occur together. A new study has revealed some of the facts that may explain why this happens. Chronic pain results when the pain is ongoing, whether...
- Low Adherence to Antidepressants May Increase Mortality in Parkinson's Patients
Parkinson’s disease, a neurological condition that affects a person’s body movements, has been affecting thousands of people’s physical and mental abilities. According to the National Parkinson Foundation, Parkinson’s disease itself is not fatal. However, complications that are brought by...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Michael Y. Wu2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Fidel Garcia M.D.240 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn New York 11201
- Dr. Daniel S Tsze MD, MPH622 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Concepcion Pineda Songco M.D.7901 Broadway Elmhurst NY 11373
- Dr. David J Costabile MDColumbia Unversity Department Pediatrics New York NY 10032
- Dr. Faiz Ahmad MD622 W 168th St New York NY 10032