Dr. Shelley Marie Schendel D.O.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease50505 Schoenherr Rd Suite 290 Utica MI, 48315
Dr. Shelley Schendel practices Pulmonology in Utica, MI. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Schendel manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2005
Dr. Shelley Marie Schendel D.O.'s Practice location
Utica, MI 48315Get Direction
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081Get Direction
Dr. Shelley Marie Schendel D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schendel
- Guaifenesin Drug Interactions
What is guaifenesin?It is an expectorant. It helps to cough out mucus through the mouth. It is known to reduce chest congestion caused by infections, common cold or allergies, respiratory illnesses, and bronchitis. It is not used to treat cough caused by smoking and long-term breathing problems....
- Choir Members with Cystic Fibrosis Record Album but Can’t Sing Together
A team of organizers reached out to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, a Scottish charity foundation in Scotland, in order to see if they could recruit a small group of adolescents with cystic fibrosis for an album that they were working on called “Stand Together.”Unfortunately, due to the nature of...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- How Cystic Fibrosis Progresses in Patients
CF is an inherited disease that progresses throughout a patient’s life. Progression can occur when the thick and sticky mucus that accumulates within the body triggers inflammation and scarring in multiple different organs, thus leading to permanent damage. Unfortunately, many CF symptoms and...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Procedure Found to Help Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have recently found that the simple procedure of inhaling hypertonic saline solution, or HSS, can increase sputum production and improve pathogen identification in children. This breakthrough will act as a benefit to many suffering from cystic fibrosis who are unable to spontaneously...
- Dr. Najia Huda M.D2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Christopher T Huhta M.D.50505 Schoenherr Rd Utica MI 48315
- Dr. Mahmoud Alhadidi MD2498 S Rochester Rd Rochester MI 48307
- Dr. Rajindar K Sikand MD50505 Schoenherr Rd Utica MI 48315
- Dr. Ghulam Saydain MD4201 St Antoine Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Christopher W Hughes M.D.25319 Little Mack Ave Saint Clair Shores MI 48081