Dr. Robert D Ballard MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1601 E 19th Ave Suite 3550 Denver CO, 80218
Dr. Robert Ballard practices Pulmonology in Denver, CO. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Ballard manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
- Sleep and medical disorders.
- Medical therapy for obstructive sleep apnea: a review by the Medical Therapy for Obstructive Sleep Apnea Task Force of the Standards of Practice Committee of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
Dr. Robert D Ballard MD's Practice location
Denver, CO 80218Get Direction
LITTLETON, CO 80120Get Direction
Dr. Robert D Ballard MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ballard
- All about Bronchitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
What is Bronchitis?Bronchitis is a pulmonary disorder that occurs due to inflammation of airway lining of the lungs, resulting in respiratory distress. Bronchitis is often characterized by cough that produces thick mucus (phlegm) often yellowish-green in color, indicating an underlying infection. ...
- Cystic Fibrosis: FDA Extends Use of Relizorb to Children
The ability to gain and maintain a healthy weight for patients who suffer from cystic fibrosis can be a challenge. Many children with the condition suffer from failure to thrive. The disorder has the tendency to cause a blockage in digestion that prevents necessary fats from being absorbed. Proper...
- Cystic Fibrosis Exacerbations: A Review of the Major STOP Study
Individuals and families affected by Cystic Fibrosis (CF) know that exacerbations are not just stressful, but also dangerous. CF exacerbations are associated with lung function decline, poor quality of life, and the increased risk of death or need of a lung transplant. Preventing and treating these...
- Radiologists Look for Patterns in Cystic Fibrosis as More Adults Are Diagnosed
Recent research shows that there is an increasing number of adults being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. This information is leading scientists to believe cystic fibrosis is now just as much of an adult condition as a childhood condition. This increase has caused scientists and radiologists to...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Lung Cancer?
A risk factor could be any one of numerous influences that make you prone to developing cancer. There are unavoidable factors that you have no protection against. Some of these are a family history of genetically inherited traits, and age and gender issues. There are wholly avoidable factors such...
- Dr. Martin R. Zamora MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Joshua Portnoy M.D.7780 S Broadway Littleton CO 80122
- Dr. Ahmad S Alsaleem M.D.1400 S Potomac St Aurora CO 80012
- Dr. Andrew K Sullivan MD1400 S Potomac St Aurora CO 80012
- Dr. Michael D Iseman MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Milene Saavedra MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045