Dr. J.d. Thoreson M.D.
Internist250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA, 50401
Board-certified in Internal Medicine with additional qualifications in Geriatrics, Dr. Thoreson has over 35 years of experience and has practiced gastroenterology at Mason City Clinic since 1975. He ...
Education and Training
University of Iowa Medical School MD
- Fellow American College of Physicians
Dr. J.d. Thoreson M.D.'s Practice location
Mason City, IA 50401Get Direction
MASON CITY, IA 50401Get Direction
Dr. J.d. Thoreson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thoreson
- Kimchi's Health Benefits and More
Kimchi is a Korean side dish made with salted and fermented vegetables. This Korean staple side dish usually has cabbage, radish, garlic, ginger, and various seafood, with spices and seasonings. In the past, kimchi was stored in jars and buried in the ground to stay at a certain temperature suitable...
- Is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis a Genetic Disorder?
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system turns against the body's healthy cells. In people with Hashimoto’s disease, their immune system attacks the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is a small gland located at the base of the neck just below the Adam's apple....
- Femoral Hernia: Get the Facts
Our human bodies are a complex network of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and visceral organs. While our skin is the outermost layer holding everything together, on the inside, it is a network of strong muscle fibers that hold all our internal organs in place. A hernia occurs when there is a weak...
- Stressed? Don't Reach for Junk Food - Eat a Purple Potato
A recent study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed that two servings of purple potatoes in a diet, can help to reduce blood pressure and control weight gain. The participants of the study were divided into two groups. In one group, the participants were assigned a diet that...
- 10 Natural Ways to Lower Your Blood Sugar
High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, happens when blood glucose is abnormally high due to your body’s improper use of insulin or when your body cannot produce insulin. It mainly affects people with diabetes. Food intake, sedentary lifestyle, illnesses, and not taking the prescribed...
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
- Dr. Daniel W Pennington MD1000 4th St Sw Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Phillip D Alscher MD1000 4th St Sw Mason City IA 50401
- Brock John Cookman D.O.250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Bruce Harlan MD1000 4th St Sw Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Ekaterina Zabakhidze MD1000 4th St Sw Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Patrick T Dunlay DO1000 4th St Sw Mason City IA 50401