Dr. David Hiland is an aerospace medicine specialist practicing in Portsmouth, VA. Dr. Hiland provides primary care services for professionals like pilots and crewmembers who work and travel in the air or space. As an aerospace medicine specialist, Dr. Hiland discovers, manages and prevents health issues that result from traveling in extreme environments. These physicians are particularly trained in diseases that may arise from air travel, and work to keep airmen healthy and safe.
Education and Training
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science 1984
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Naval Operational Med Inst, Aerospace Medicine
- Naval Aerospace Med Inst
- Navy Medicine Operational Training Center Program
Dr. David Allen Hiland D.O.'s Practice location
Portsmouth, VA 23708Get Direction
Dr. David Allen Hiland D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Transitioning from Pediatric CF Care to Adult CF Care
Moving from pediatric CF to adult CF medical care is an essential transition for young adults living with cystic fibrosis (CF). This transition period is a crucial and significant step in maintaining stable health well into adulthood. Most individuals with CF transition from pediatric CF to adult CF...
- What Causes Fatigue?
Fatigue is the feeling of exhaustion when you lack adequate energy and strength to continue with the work. In most cases, the person with fatigue feels like taking rest due to the lack of energy. This is different from the general weakness wherein the person lacks enough muscle and physical...
- What Is Group B Strep Infection?
What is Group B Strep Infection?Group B strep (GBS) is a serious infection mainly caused by group B streptococcus bacteria, which inhabits the human intestines. Group B strep bacteria does not only affect adults. It can be seen in infants, leading to a serious illness known as strep B infection....
- How Can I Tell the Difference Between the Flu and a Cold?
With similar symptoms, these two conditions are often very difficult to distinguish from each other. Look closer and you can tell them apart with ease. Now, why should you know whether it is a cold or a flu? Understanding the condition would help you to take the right medications. Moreover, it will...
- This Combination of Medications May Help Ease Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing briefly dozens of times every night. It is a serious condition that causes daytime fatigue, high blood pressure, and heart problems. Having sleep apnea also increases your risk of insulin resistance, also known as type 2 diabetes. If you are unable to sleep...
- Why You Should Still Drink Chocolate Milk
According to a new study, drinking chocolate milk after a workout provides the right amount of carbohydrates and protein to build muscles, improve endurance, reduce fat, and enhance performance. “After an exercise session, we need to replenish the sugar stores in the muscles and switch on protein...
- Dr. James Michael Barrett D.O.1721 Taussig Boulevard Norfolk VA 23511
- Dr. Michael David Simmons M.D.1st Medical Group Hampton VA 23665
- Dr. Todd A Gardner M.D.375 A Street Norfolk VA 23511
- Dr. Leroy Patrick Gross MD2 Eaton St Hampton VA 23669
- Dr. Wayne Martin Pritt M.D.1st Medical Group Hampton VA 23665
- Dr. Huberto Isaac Ramos2136 Hickory Forest Dr Chesapeake VA 23322