Dr. Eric James Heckman M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine185 Pilgrim Road Boston MA, 02215
Dr. Eric Heckman practices Sleep Medicine in Boston, MA. Dr. Heckman studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johns 2008
University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Med 2008
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Ankle Problems, Foot Problems
Dr. Eric James Heckman M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
Dr. Eric James Heckman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Heckman
- Reliable Method for Diagnosing Sleep Apnea at Home
One of the most common complications of sleep apnea doesn’t revolve around the symptoms themselves, but rather on the difficulty to actually diagnose the disease. Sleep apnea is, as its name suggests, a sleep disorder characterized by the subject’s inability to breathe properly during sleep,...
- Sleep Apnea's Impact on a Patient's Heart
Though sleep apnea often causes atrial fibrillation, there is a lack of awareness.Neglecting sleep disorders is easy. They are widely prevalent, and yet poorly diagnosed and an underrated risk factor for many health conditions. Sleep apnea, one of the most common sleep disorders touches 3-7% of the...
- Illinois Dental Practice Offers Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are a few options for treating sleep apnea. The most common that many people are familiar with is using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines work wonders for most patients. Some patients choose to get surgery to try to correct the problem. The least known treatment for sleep apnea can...
- Snoring Problem? This Dentist May Have the Solution
Dentists can actually be extremely useful to determine why patients are snoring. Many would normally ignore snoring, as it has often been pushed aside as a "joke". But, in reality, it should be a cause of concern.A worrying fact about snoring is that people take it as something normal until it is...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- Not Feeling Quite Right: How Sleep Apnea Affects the Brain
Sleep apnea has earned a lot of popularity lately. The terrifying disease can cause healthy people to decease unexpectedly during the night. It was certified as one of the causes of Carrie Fisher’s death, the legendary 60-year-old actress who played Princess Leia in the successful movie saga, Star...
- Dr. John Dobrowski M.D.243 Charles Street Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Essam Ansari M.D.55 HIGHLAND AVE STE 104 SALEM MA 01970
- Dr. Suzanne Bertisch M.D., M.P.H.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Ting-hsu Chen MD1400 VFW PKWY BOSTON MA 02132
- Dr. Akmal Sarwar M.D.,41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Nishi Kaur Bhopal M.D.185 Pilgrim Rd Boston MA 02215