Dr. Andrea Metkus is a general surgeon practicing in Burlingame, CA. Dr. Metkus specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Metkus provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1991
U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med 1991
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Surgical Procedures, Breast Surgery
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Andrea P Metkus M.D.'s Practice location
Burlingame, CA 94010Get Direction
BURLINGAME, CA 94401Get Direction
Dr. Andrea P Metkus M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Metkus
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- Is There A Link Between Erectile Dysfunction And Prostate Cancer?
Is There A Link Between Erectile Dysfunction And Prostate Cancer?Being diagnosed with prostate cancer creates a sense of confusion and fear in many men. It is a condition that causes the growth unwanted cells on the prostate gland. The prostate gland is a gland located around the urethra. It is...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Mara Villalpando1001 National Ave San Bruno California 94066
- Dr. Rhona Chen MD1200 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080
- Dr. Mardi R. Karin M.D.14850 Los Gatos Blvd. Los Gatos California 95032
- Dr. Jonathan Todd Carter M.D.513 Parnassus Ave Rm S-321 San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. James T. Badger M.D.795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301
- Dr. Robert Osorio M.D.2340 Clay St San Francisco CA 94115