Dr. Mark Allen Wurth MD/PHD
PediatricianMed Peds Clinic Ky Clinic 800 Rose Street Lexington KY, 40536
Dr. Mark Wurth is a pediatrician practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Wurth is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Wurth diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Wurth can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- RENEWAL OF INTESTINAL EPITHELIUM IN THE FRESHWATER TURTLE, CHRYSEMYS PICTA.
- Subcellular localization and calcium and pH requirements for proteolytic processing of the Hendra virus fusion protein.
- Endocytosis plays a critical role in proteolytic processing of the Hendra virus fusion protein.
- Rho GTPase activity modulates paramyxovirus fusion protein-mediated cell-cell fusion.
- The actin cytoskeleton inhibits pore expansion during PIV5 fusion
- Alterations in activated magnesium and sodium plus potassium adenosine triphosphatase and the krebs cycle in hemorrhagic shock.
- (Na + + K + )-ATPase activity in the liver with hemorrhagic shock.
- The dynamics of altered ATP-dependent and ATP-yielding cell processes in shock.
- Potential relationships of changes in cell transport and metabolism in shock.
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) content of liver with hemorrhagic shock.
- Alterations in hepatic cell function during hemorrhagic shock.
- Mechlorethamine effects on intestinal absorption in vitro and on cell proliferation.
- Impairment of cell membrane transport during shock and after treatment.
- Cellular alterations with shock and ischemia.
Dr. Mark Allen Wurth MD/PHD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- Why We Should Not Define Autism in Terms of ‘Deficits’
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects communication and behavior. It is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and repetitive behaviors. These challenges involve impairments in social reciprocity and in the use of verbal and...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Children Who Snore May Develop Behavioral Problems
A new study shows that snoring, breathing through one's mouth, and stopping breathing while asleep may lead to behavioral problems in children. Earlier studies have shown that these disorders in sleeping are known as hyperactivity.The study recruited pregnant women who were due to deliver between...
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- Dr. Kristy K. Menke M.D.1162 Lexington Rd Georgetown KY 40324
- Dr. Larry L Ertel M.D.1520 Boonesboro Rd Winchester KY 40391
- Dr. Ann N. Quackenbush M.D.1162 Lexington Rd Georgetown KY 40324
- Dr. Michael Karl Kuduk M.D.800 ROSE ST # H405 LEXINGTON KY 40536
- Dr. Horace P. Hambrick M.D.1162 Lexington Rd Georgetown KY 40324
- Dr. Patricia D. Thompson M.D.630 Southpoint Dr Lexington KY 40515