Dr. Jack Michael Raisanen MD
Neuropathologist | Neuropathology5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX, 75390
Dr. Jack Raisanen is a Neuropsychiatrist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Raisanen studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats mental disorders attributable to diseases of the nervous system. Neuropsychiatrists are trained to treat disorders occurring in patients due to irritability, attention deficit disorder, epilepsy, and many other conditions.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1986
University of Mi Med Sch 1986
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Exercise-associated numbness and tingling in the legs.
- Functional müllerian tissue within the conus medullaris generating cyclical neurological morbidity in an otherwise healthy female.
- NHERF1/EBP50 is an organizer of polarity structures and a diagnostic marker in ependymoma.
- NHERF1/EBP50 and NF2 as diagnostic markers for choroid plexus tumors.
- Congenital brain tumors.
- 2004 Vernie A. Stembridge Award for Excellence in Housestaff Teaching
- Member American Association of Neuropathologists
- Fellow Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- Member United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- University of California, San Francisco, Neuropathology 1992
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Pathology 2000
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Surgical Pathology 2001
Dr. Jack Michael Raisanen MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
- Low Serotonin Levels May Be Linked to Development of Alzheimer's
As the future becomes the present then the past, scientists, doctors, and patients alike learn more and more about Alzheimer’s disease and how it develops.Today, researchers are learning about the role serotonin plays in the progression of this disease. While the causes of Alzheimer’s are not...
- Being Influenced by Your Partners's Eating Habits
A new study has shown that eating behavior of a person is influenced by the partner with whom you are eating. People who eat together tend to mimic each other taking bites at the same time. This characteristic is called behavioral mimicry, the process in which a person unwittingly imitates the...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Tips On Living With Epilepsy
Get to Know Your EpilepsyEpilepsy can affect people at any point in their life. There’s no specific race or gender that have a higher incidence rate of epilepsy. Until now, there was no single cause of epilepsy. The causes of epilepsy range from head injuries to birth defects to tumors and...
- Dr. Qinwen Mao MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Veena Rajaram MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Emily Susanne Herndon MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Kimmo Johannes Hatanpaa MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Dennis Kendall Burns MD5323 DALLAS TX 75390
- Dr. Charles Lee White MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390