Dr. James Esswein is a family practitioner practicing in Barron, WI. Dr. Esswein specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Esswein possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1965
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1965
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine St Joseph Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University Wisc Hosps 1966
- University of Wisconsin Program
Dr. James L Esswein MD's Practice location
Barron, WI 54812Get Direction
Dr. James L Esswein MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Foods That Can Relieve Nausea
Nausea is a very unpleasant condition that is known as a feeling of sickness or uneasiness. Nausea is often a precursor to vomiting, and nearly everyone suffers from nausea at some point. Nausea can have a variety of different causes such as food poisoning, dehydration, motion sickness, morning...
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Dr. Amy J Muminovic DO1700 W Stout St Rice Lake WI 54868
- Dr. Gregory J Leitheiser MD1475 Webb St Cumberland WI 54829
- Dr. Barbara M Ankarlo MD1475 Webb St Cumberland WI 54829
- Dr. Mary A Ocwieja MD1700 W Stout St Rice Lake WI 54868
- Dr. Voldemars Narins MD1700 W Stout St Rice Lake WI 54868
- Dr. Paul D. Johnston MD1700 W Stout St Rice Lake WI 54868