Dr. John T Triantafyllos M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology1221 Pleasant St Suite A100 Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. John Triantafyllos practices Radiation Oncology in Des Moines, IA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Triantafyllos specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
University of California
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1992
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Radiation Oncology; Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Hospital 1993
Dr. John T Triantafyllos M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. John T Triantafyllos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Triantafyllos
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Does Bladder Cancer Require Chemotherapy for Treatment?
Does bladder cancer require chemotherapy for treatment?Bladder cancer can be treated through a number of ways and chemotherapy is one of them. Chemotherapy is an important treatment method and it works well in many cases. However, to understand whether it is necessary, it is important to know what...
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- Dr. Philip J Colletier MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. George H Voynov MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Robert John Isaak M.D., PHARM.D.1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. John M Martens MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Richard L Deming MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Benjamin G Slane MD1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309